A few weeks ago, I made a spring themed garland.
This originated with the desire to make some flowers with my Knit-Wit, but needing to have something to do with them other than just leave them randomly sitting on the arms of the couch, which is where the extras seem to end up.
While I was originally intending to slip cord through the center beads to hang them individually, I realized between the yarn holding the bead in place and the pipe cleaner leaves it would be too tight, as well as resulting in them hanging straight down. After a bit of trial and error with trying to wrap the pipe cleaner around the jute cord (a frustrating endeavor), I ended up just tying them to the cord with little pieces of yarn and then slipping a few petals over the pins I used to hand the cord to keep them straight.
To add to the garland, I bought some flat wood chicks and bunnies at the dollar store (actually writing this post, I'm realizing everything I used in making this with the exception of the pipe cleaners is from there). I painted the chicks bright yellow and used hot glue to attach baker's twine to them and the rabbit in the center so they could dangle. With the two outer edge chicks I made little hooks out of floral wire so they could hang from the jute cord since the placement looked better than hanging them from the push pins. To finish it off, I added a few large beads on the end of the cord giving me a very cheerful spring garland to grace the fireplace. ♥