Tuesday, February 2, 2016

On a Hippie Day

Some days you wake up, stare at your petticoat, and decide it’s be easier to be a hippie. Or at least that’s what I did Saturday. 
In a quest for vintage sweaters last year, I came across this great 60’s/70’s style one on Etsy. While the sizing was a larger than my measurements and the price was a little high, I took a risk in getting it because I loved the bird design (chicken or turkey?) and figured I’d be wearing it over something anyways. I’d have to say it was worth it, since I tend to wear it quite a bit!

Surprisingly, I realized as I was editing the photos for this post that this is really my first post with an outfit from a decade later than the 50’s (this dress, which still has a 50’s look, excluded). Most of my true vintage clothes are 60’s or 70’s pieces, primarily from relatives, but I don’t wear them as much since they tend to lack a more practical aspect (a bright, rainbow paisley with orange lining kaftan? — Great if I want to feel like a butterfly, not so good for work). Simpler looks like this, though, by and far, are much easier for me to pull off with very little effort.

While I’m not giving up my petticoat by any means, sometimes it’s nice to take a day to dress outside of your favorite decades!

Outfit Details 
Vintage acrylic sweater- Etsy
T-shirt- Old Navy
Jeans- thrifted
Shoes- thrifted
Head band- me-made (for a themed dress up day ages ago)
 

2 comments:

  1. Seriously groovy look! Little known fact, but as I was heading from childhood into my teen years, some of my first forays into the world of vintage were flower power style 60s an 70s looks, influenced in no small part from the wealth of great music from those decades that I'd grown up listening to my parents play (often on original vinyl). I don't wear them often these days, but I still love them and sometimes think I should dip my toes more into that side of vintage again (if only I could find the perfect flared/bell bottom jeans!).

    Have a splendid week, my sweet friend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see some of those styles suiting you really well and I get the influence of music can have on it. :) Finding the perfect bell bottom/flared jeans is certainly an issue. I have a pair from when I was in high school that I loved nearly to pieces that I keep thinking I might try to make a pattern off some day...

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...