Sunday, February 14, 2016

On My Valentine's Day Oufit

Happy Valentine's Day! Just a quick post to share my outfit for the day. 
Despite the fact that I wasn't going anywhere and have spent the majority of my day fiddling with a hem that just won't cooperate, I decided to dress up this morning. I also decided, after what I realized has been probably about six years, I wanted to style my hair with faux bangs.  
As you can see, I pulled out my Valentine skirt from two years ago (seen previously here and here, if you missed it the first two times). 
Feeling a bit Edith Head here.

I paired it with a shirt I've had for about eleven years and have never worn since it's always been too short for most of my pants and it's so snugly fitted that layering wasn't an option. When I started sewing 50's skirts I figured I'd finally be able to wear it with something and clearly it was meant to go with this skirt! For the photos, I also donned the vintage hat I found in December. I'm absolutely smitten with it!
The strong breeze is not going to blow my hat away!
Hope everyone is having a delightful end to their Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful - and wonderfully festive - ensemble! That skirt really is one of the most head-turningly awesome garments you've ever made. I love the idea of teaming a striped shirt with a 50s (or 50s style) novelty skirt. I'm so going to borrow that idea from you, sweet dear! :)

    Tons of hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ever so much! It definitely falls into the camp of most often worn (just in case the multiple posts haven't given that away :p) and one of my top favorite things I've made. Glad I could inspire you!

    ReplyDelete

Happy to hear what you think...