Saturday, January 26, 2013

On Literary References Made: September through November

While originally my intention to include a literary reference in most posts, over the past few months I have decided it isn't something I really want to do regularly anymore, but as something occasional  (I read so much I know I won't be able to help adding them sometimes). This is in part due to the amount of time it takes me to come up with some of them, as well as, in some cases, feeling like I was more focused on writing my post around them than just writing the post and then including them.

For those interested, here are the last three things I made reference to:

On Ice Cream (September)
- The Good Housekeeping Cook Book (1949 edition) (Not really a literary reference, but I’m including it anyway since it is a book.)

On Scarecrows (September)
-Nathaniel Hawthorne's “Feathertop”

On Buttons (November)
-The Brothers’ Grimm “Frederick and Catherine”

As a side note, I am mulling over the idea of doing a monthly book review, so keep your eyes out for that in the near future.

4 comments:

  1. I love book reviews. So I'll definitely be looking forward to that. I'm never sure if I'll like a book so I always hesitate before reading the first pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I'll do some reviews for ones that will interest you!

      Delete
  2. I'd absolutely love to read a monthly book review here. I'm a die hard bookworm myself, and am always curious to know what my fellow bloggers are reading (and recommending).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started a list of books I want to do reviews on, so by the end of the month you should see the first one. :)

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...