Tuesday, March 17, 2015

On Drying Vintage Linens: A Photo Post

Often I've taken photos of things with the intention of writing a post about them, but by the time I actually sit down to write about them, all inclination to do so has left me. Because of this I've decided to start a series that I will be referring to simply as photo posts. They won't be a regular thing and for the most part there will be very little writing, they will just be my way of sharing the little things that make me happy or that I find amusing.

This last week I was given a good amount of vintage linens, among other treasures, and so having a rather toasty weekend weather-wise thought it would be a perfect time to hand-wash and then hang them out to dry. Using them for sewing was fully on my mind, I just didn't realize how much until I clipped them on the hanger in such a way that they took on the form of a dress.  
   
 
All good linens carry a handkerchief...

♥ ♥ ♥

3 comments:

  1. How pretty and charmingly whimsical, too. I can't help but feel like that "dress" could be the jumping off point for a children's book. :)

    What a fun new post series! I look forward to seeing what else you'll share with us as part of it, sweet dear.

    Tons of hugs & happy start of spring wishes!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it could! :)

      Happy almost spring to you too!

      Delete
  2. The first thing that came to mind was how pretty that would be, almost like a patchwork dress.

    ReplyDelete

Happy to hear what you think...