Wednesday, April 25, 2018

On Antique Store Finds!

Yesterday I stopped off at the antique store while running some errands and ended up bringing home some fun new to me things!

Last time I was there, which was early fall, I saw a velvet purple cow toy that I decided to pass on and periodically since then I've thought about how I wish I would have bought it just because it was so funny looking. It was still there and I now own this tipsy little creature (and, in honor of national poetry month, I agree I'd rather see than be one) making it my second purple cow to come from this antique store. As I mentioned to a friend, propping it up with and positioning it next to the milkmaid was completely unintentional, although she does look appropriately shocked to see it.


Here's a better look at the above lunch set, which still has its original label and is still stapled to it's cardboard backing. 


  
The final photo I have to share is this straw hat, which I love in part because it makes me think of Disney's Swiss Family Robinson. It's in great shape with the exception of the one flower, which I'll have to repair, and I'm looking forward to getting to wear it in warmer months!


Other than these I also came home with a small artist palette brooch, purple scarf, a ziplock bag of vintage sequins, and a wonderful beaded bolero.


♥️ ♥️ ♥️

2 comments:

Happy to hear what you think...