Friday, June 15, 2018

On Bookbinding (Round 1): A Photo Post





This was supposed to be a sewing/outfit post (in a sense it kind of still is about sewing), which is unfortunately still in draft state, but due to being really busy lately you're getting another Photo Post! 

Last weekend I started learning the basics of bookbinding, which involved making a simple pamphlet, a dos-a-dos pamphlet, a two section pamphlet, and an accordion book. For it being my first attempt at making these particular types of books, I feel I did pretty well and am hoping this weekend's carousel and tunnel books look just as good.


This one involved a struggle in getting the two sections to line up with each other and stay lined up as I poked holes through both sections of pages and the two layers of the center cover piece. 

 

Beautiful turquoise on the outside cover and pretty red on the inside!



♥️ ♥️ ♥️

2 comments:

  1. I did something similar at a library program. It was just a regular book though, not accordion. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that your library would offer something like that! I agree it is fun!

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...