Wednesday, June 17, 2020

On a Pocket Sized Piglet

After years of intending to make the miniature Winnie-the-Pooh characters from the patterns in The Pooh Craft Book, I finally made Piglet this week.  

This was a pretty straight-forward project, though a little challenging at times due to the size of the pieces, the fuzzy nature of the felt, and the way the stuffing kept popping out as I tried to sew it in between the tiny pieces. For the suit, a rectangle sewn into a tube that is gathered at the top and bottom, I stitched some straight lines on the fabric before I seamed it to give it the ripply look of the illustrations. After finishing, I realized that in the illustrations Piglet's suit also has some buttons, so I made a few tiny stitches for those.


At the moment, I'm content with just having Piglet, but I think in terms of the other Hundred Acre Wood residents at least Winnie-the-Pooh will be making an appearance in the near future. ♥️

2 comments:

  1. Aww! Isn't he just the epitome of adorable! What a sweet, precious take on Piglet (who has always been my personal favourite WTP character). I look forward to seeing any other Hundred Acre friends that you share here with us.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He's my second favorite after Eeyore, who probably would have been first project if I had had the right color felt. :) Given how much I struggled making a dress this past week, I think you'll be seeing more of these tiny projects fairly soon...

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...