Friday, June 18, 2021

On Kanga and Roo!

Kanga and Roo have hopped their way into the 100 Acre Wood and are the latest creatures to join the bunch of characters I've been making from the patterns in The Pooh Craft Book!

These two weren't done quite as quick as I would have liked, but I still breezed through making them in a relatively short time frame. I had a little difficulty deciding on color for them, debating between reddish brown and dark brown and then trying to decide if Roo should be a different color than Kanga. I think the reddish brown with cream belly suits them both really well, though!


Four down (technically five counting little Roo) and just three more to go, then I'll have the full set of  felt Winnie-the-Pooh characters! 

Meanwhile, Mary Poppins is proving a marvelous baby-sitter for them while she continues her wait for a coat and bag as I still have not found just the right fabrics for them. 

4 comments:

  1. They're immensely precious (aww!). Only Piglet topped Kanga and Roo as my favourite Winnie the Pooh characters when I was little - and, come to think of it, to this day.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! For some reason when I think of Shepard's illustrations, one of the ones with Kanga and Roo almost always comes to mind first, so I definitely understand how they could be your favorites!

      Delete
  2. These are beyond adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really loving how they keep turning out!

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...