Saturday, May 11, 2013

On What a Lot of Vintage Things!

While my intention for today’s post (and the last post, for that matter) was to write about searching for a missing shoe, this week has been filled with a number of vintage finds and I thought it would be fun to share them with my wonderful readers.

On Thursday I went to the antique store and then the thrift store. At the antique store I found only a somewhat unusual leaf and flower pin, but found a treasure trove awaiting me at the thrift store!
 
Next to the flower pin is my darling new old tiger pin ($2), which I saw shortly after walking in the thrift store. It was much too cute not to come home with me!

 
Having wanted a pair of white gloves for awhile I was quite pleased to find these ones by Hansen in perfect shape and size. I noticed the scarves (which never seem to be in the same place twice, they just float around the store) when I was in line to pay and thought that this cheerful watermelon hued one merited getting out of line.

After having found the gloves, I had wandered over to a counter where they had some vintage booklets in a basket and found this Learn How Book published by The Spool Cotton Company in 1941.  It is not in the best of shape with a detached and ripped cover, but it is filled with lovely pictures inside.

 

Found, but not pictured were a high waist red sweater with a back zipper and a blue and white cardigan, both which have a vintage-y look (you’ll be seeing them later), a large ziplock bag packed with lace, a few yards of pink textured cotton, and, just in time for the new Wearing History overall pattern, five yards of denim.

Over the course of the week, I also came across these wonderful books in our used book sale at work. The first bunch is from the California State Series (textbooks). The history ones were published in 1956 and the one on machines in 1967.


And to conclude my vintage finds for the week are these tiny cookbooks from 1959 with a plethora of delightfully odd recipes.



I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous vintage haul, dear gal! I couldn't help but beam out a big smile, because I have a copy of that Learn How Book, too (pictured up at a flea market during a Saturday of yard saling last year). So cool!

    Congrats on all of your terrific finds!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fun book, I don't know how anyone could pass up on it!

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...