Friday, October 4, 2013

On a 1940’s House Dress

Very short post, since I'm fairly tired at the moment...

At some point early on in the summer I came across Simplicity pattern 2168  on another blog (wish I could remember whose), instantly took a liking to it, and promptly went about purchasing it. It sat in my train case for about a month until I decided to use some fabric I had originally intended for another dress.
House dress or Housecoat
Overall, it was a very quick dress to make, but somehow it ended up taking a month after the dress was completely put together for me to finish the buttonholes and hem. However, yesterday I had enough time to get the hem up and today I was able to wear it!

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, is this beautiful! I love, love, love this palette (as you know :)), and am equally head-over-heels smitten with your timelessly fantastic new frock. From the sweet floral pattern to the length, the lines to those gorgeous (feminine) hues, I really adore it and think it looks tremendously pretty on you, honey.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my sweet friend! I was a bit concerned that the print was a little more 30's than 40's, but the more I look at it the happier I am that I chose it. :)

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...