Monday, April 7, 2014

On Two Sewing Projects for this Month

A very short post for this evening...

For this month I have two sewing goals:

First, despite my hopes to have been finishing up my overalls by now, I’ve hardly done any sewing over the past month and my practice muslin isn’t entirely done. However, I think in the coming weeks I should have more time to work on them and get them done quickly.
In progress...
Second, I came across two of these delightful cotton towels in the clearance section of the craft store today!


Everything about them just seemed to say ‘take me home and sew me into something,’ so home with me they came. I think they will make a rather fetching summer dress or skirt, which I’m already brainstorming and sketching ideas for and will be sharing soon.     

2 comments:

  1. Oohhh, those towels would have caught my eye instantly, too. I favour tiny, small and at most medium sized polka dots over larger ones, and these are the perfect size in my books. Can't wait to see what you create with them.

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Thank you very much for your wonderfully nice comment on last week's outfit post. The scarf was the strong point in it for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a fan of the tiny and medium polka dots too, although I have seen a few vintage dresses with a combination including larger polka dots that I've really loved (which reminds me I have some fabric with a mixture of sizes that I need to do something with). I'm really excited to share the ideas I'm coming up with!

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...