Monday, January 18, 2016

On Antique Store Finds

Okay, playing catch up here since this post was originally meant for the last week of December.

For the past few years I had been trying to make it to my favorite antique store around Christmas and this year it finally happened. They had a really nice assortment of vintage ornaments, but I only ended up getting two.
I looked at a glitter bird, forgot to get it, and then ended up receiving another one they had that I didn't see (and liked considerably better) as a Christmas present and which I'm including here just because I like it so much

I also came home with not one, but two hats. 

The red one, which at first appeared to be part of another hat, I bought specifically to go with my favorite dress. It's my sole hat that is not a full hat and I'm pretty excited about that for no particular reason other than it's red and has a bow. 


The floppy one I debated on, but loved the velvet trim. I do think at one point it had a bow or some other small object on the front since the velvet does have a square impression on it. 

Last, found this beautiful scarf with stars, which unfortunately does not photograph well due to being so sheer, and this gloved hand brooch.

♥ ♥ ♥

3 comments:

  1. What great finds!!! So far I have six vintage hats and one fur headband. The only problem is I don't have anything to wear them with :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be tricky sometimes finding something to wear with them. I feel I've really lucked out with the hats I've found, with the exception of a 30's (I think) one I was given for dress up when I was little and tam o'shanter, all matching at least one thing or other in my wardrobe...of course, if they don't match something then I just have an excuse of needing to sew an outfit to match. :p

      Delete
  2. Those hats!!! Love, love, love! The wide brimmed black one is so chic and glamorous, and the red is as pretty as a picture. I adore the scarf (anything star print is always a massive hit with me) and immensely lovely lady's hand brooch as well (and the fun ornaments, too - okay, I'm wild about everything! :)). Really awesome finds (and gifts), sweet Inky. I hope they all bring you happiness for many years to come.

    Big hugs & joyful tail end of January wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Happy to hear what you think...