Friday, June 17, 2016

On an Enid Collins' Glitter Bug Box Purse...

...that for some reason I haven't done a post about yet.

I've had this purse since last July. One of my co-workers had gone to small antique store nearby during her  lunch and ended up buying one of two Collins box purses, which they were selling for what I considered a reasonable $27. After some thought, I decided that I'd head over after I was off work to get the remaining one. It was supposed to rain that day, so I grabbed my umbrella and made the fifteen minute walk to the store with nothing more than a little drizzle. In the short time it took me to pay for the purse, it started to rain in the annoying manner where it suddenly switches what direction it's falling, which led to an interesting trip back to my car of trying to hold the umbrella in a way that would protect that bag, trying not to drop either of them, and several near falls on some tiled areas (flip flops and tiled sidewalks are a very bad combination).  



  
I love it still has the 'Casual Corner' label!
This is one of the later ones (70's maybe) from what I've read about the logo progression over time. It's not in the best of condition; as you can see the mirror is gone and a few rhinestones are missing. The straps are also fairly worn, which would make me pretty nervous if I were to actually take it out of the house. Based on that I'm using it to store my very small collection of vintage postcards that aren't mounted on my wall.

4 comments:

  1. I went to college in Florida so I know all about the dangers of flip-flops and rain. Even walking slow doesn't guarantee you won't fall...

    Awesome purse!! It looks like a great thing to store your postcards in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed I made it back to my car without slipping. Clearly when they were putting in the tiled sidewalks rain was not considered.

      It's absolutely perfect for them! (plus some small belt buckles and buttons)

      Delete
  2. What a beauty! Her bags are so, so incredibly cool! I love how they marry glamour and whimsy to a tee.

    Fabulous find, my dear friend. It's super pretty!

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think glamorous, yet whimsy is the perfect way to describe her bags!

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...