Tuesday, September 27, 2016

On Antique Store Visit!

After nearly ten months of neither having gone to the antique store or thrift store, I've been in the mood for some treasure hunting. Despite it being boiling hot today (after a lovely cool three day start to fall, which I would like to go back to now), I ventured out to the air condition-less antique store to see what I could find.

All in all, I'd say it was a rather successful outing. A small jewelry box, a brooch, a seemingly never ending pile of vintage valentines, a flocked birthday card (that appears to be an artist whose Christmas cards I'm fond of), two Christmas postcards, three lovely old photos, two hats, and a red scarf that I'm over the moon happy about finding, since I've been wanting a red scarf, all for a little under sixty-dollars. 


A smaller version of a cat brooch I have. (Actually remembered to use the right camera setting, hooray!)
 Some lovely old photos of women in hats...
 and this woman sitting and reading a book.
 

7 comments:

  1. Such awesomely fantastic finds! Naturally, I'm wild about the hats and the kitty brooch, as well as the vintage photos. Each item is a special treasure for sure and such a good bargain, too. I know of plenty of antique shops that would be asked upwards of what you paid for everything just for one of those beautiful hats. I recently picked up a new mid-century red one of my own (it's honestly one of my fave vintage hats I've ever had) and can't wait to sport it for Xmas time in particular. Are you planning to do the same with yours?

    Tons of hugs & happy start of fall wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The store I go to really does have a lot of very reasonably priced items along with the higher priced ones, which is part of what makes me love going there so much. Oh, I can't wait to see your hat! I am, when I bought it I was considering how it'd go with my green Christmas circle skirt. :)

      Delete
  2. I actually used to own that cat brooch - it came as a set, the mate to it was a mouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the mouse too! I actually bought this brooch to go with the larger version of it that I have! (a larger version of the cat that is, I think my mouse is about same size as this new one)

      Delete
  3. Those hats look awesome!!! Can't wait to see them on you :)

    I love old valentines and photos. You might want to write on the back that they aren't relatives ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was super excited about the Valentines (so excited I couldn't decide between the two bundles of them and ended up getting both, haha).

      You have a good point about the photos. At one point I scanned a bunch of photos that were my grandmother's and came across a portrait of a beautiful blonde. Absolutely no one in the family knows who she is (which makes me think she was a friend), so a small note makes all the difference!

      Delete
    2. I know!! My aunt is the genealogist in the family so she has tons of unlabeled photos and sometimes we know it's a relative but we have no idea who!

      Haha I would have bought both too ;)

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...