Monday, November 21, 2016

On a Movie Based Q & A

Way back in September, Phyl of Phyllis Loves Classic Movies extended her Liebster Award questions to anyone who wanted to answer. Clearly I’m a bit behind in getting around to doing so, but I’m finally getting my answers up today! 
 


1. Favorite British Movie Star (other than Cary Grant): Hmmm...Rex Harrison.

2. Favorite Classic Movie gif: I wouldn’t say I have a particular favorite. Probably something with Cary Grant or Katharine Hepburn. Or better yet, one with both of them!

3. Have you signed up for the Hub Club? No. 

4. Favorite movie geared for teens/young adults (ex. Gidget, beach party films, Divergent, etc.): The Monkey's Uncle  (yes, I know that's a bit debatable, but it does star Funicello and starts with the Beach Boys).
 
5. Favorite supporting character in Gone With the Wind (you can't pick Scarlet, Rhett, Melanie, or Ashley): I haven’t seen it yet! 

6. Favorite Classic Courtroom movie: 12 Angry Men
 
7. Favorite book that was made into a movie: Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland (I’ve seen 17 versions and counting—although three of those were adaptions of just Through the Looking-Glass, so I guess it would be 14 versions)   

8. Favorite song sung by a movie star (Judy, Bing, Deanna, etc.): Just one?! Pretty much anything sung by Astaire and Rogers in one of their movies. Also, not sure if I’d consider it an absolute favorite, but I really like “Cleopatterer” sung by June Allyson in Till the Clouds Roll By.

9. Favorite movie filmed on location (other than US): Candleshoe 
 
10. Favorite classic movie hat:
It's rare for me to make it through a classic movie without wanting one of the hats. Hepburn’s white one from Paris When It Sizzles, though would probably be one I'd want. It’s plain, but I love it.

11. Favorite blogathon so far this year (*Olivia* cough, cough): It would have to be one of Phyl's since she's the only one I follow who does blogatons. :)
 
♥ ♥ ♥

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you answered these!!! I haven't seen any of the movies you mentioned except for a couple Alice in Wonderland films (Disney and Depp). I watched GWTW for the first time a few months ago. It was good, not in a "new favorite movie" way but still worth watching.

    Btw, feel free to join one of my blogathons sometime! You don't have to have a movie blog to participate and your post can be as long or short as you want!! My Cary Grant one is next week and I just announced one for Carole Lombard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're looking for a good comedy about the writing process then I highly recommend "Paris When it Sizzles," plus it's really fun to watch Hepburn and Holden go through a lot of the classic movie type tropes. GWTW has been on my to watch list for so long, I'm really hoping to watch it before the year is out. :)

      I'd love to participate in a blogathon, but I have to wait until I have free time (something I don't have much of these days) to actually get the posts written and up. Someday, though!

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...