Wednesday, November 16, 2016

On My Itsy Bitsy Spider Bag

I really wanted to share this last month and am happy to have a few moments this morning to actually get this post finished! 

I admittedly have what some might consider an odd liking for spiders. I like decorating with them at work, have a spider web necklace and brooch, look forward to the orb spiders showing up in October (and am irritated at not having seen any this year!), and am perfectly fine to let a few hang around in my bedroom provided they're the small innocuous ones.




I accidentally happened across this fabric when going to get black broadcloth in attempt to make myself a 50's style spiderweb skirt for the second or third year in a row, which once again didn't happen.  

It was supposed to be a smaller bag like my owl one, but it ended up being on the larger side. 

Frequently on decorative button idea lists they have an example of a button made to look like a spider by embroidering legs and a head around it. I took mine a step further and made it a functional button.

 

Inside I did purple lining for a nice contrast.
  
🕸 🕸 🕸

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to hear what you think...