Tuesday, December 20, 2016

On an Ornament Christmas Apron

As I mentioned last month, I had been working on making a Christmas apron from a pattern in the 1959 Better Homes & Gardens Christmas Ideas magazine. Lots of adhesive backing later, it's done! 
Aside from all the layering, the difficulty in sewing the sequins on through those layers (including glue), and the ric-rac that didn't want to stay where it was supposed to, this was a fun project to work on and a nice way to ease myself back into sewing after not having done much recently.
The accidental face ornament. It was also pointed out to me that the light blue looks like a mask.
I wish I had had a plate of cookies for these photos!



Tomorrow, hopefully, I'll have a last minute decoration tutorial for you! 

🎄

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is so cute!!! I love it!! I love vintage aprons, especially Christmas ones. I have several on Pinterest I want to make one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I printed out so many different vintage apron designs from Pinterest before I decided to go back to my original choice to make this one. I love all the options, though!

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...