Wednesday, July 11, 2018

On Bookbinding (Round 2): A Photo Post

Next round of my bookbinding efforts.

First up is my carousel book stretched out rather than in a circle (it's in the mail currently, so maybe in a few weeks I'll picture of it in circular form).
 


Then we have what has become my favorite book to make, the tunnel book! Technically this was just supposed to serve as a model, but the Walrus and the Carpenter made it in. 




And finally, my long stitch book, which took a long time to do and involved some un-stitching, re-stitching, accidentally jabbing myself with an awl and needle, and nearly poking a hole in the cover trying to sew the last page section in. Still somewhat concerned it has some construction issues, but for a first attempt I think I did okay.  


Next round you'll be seeing a sewn board book and my final project, a tunnel book that I have decided to describe as what you'd expect if a bulletin board used for planning in a sewing room decided to hold a fashion show!

🕮

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to hear what you think...