Monday, December 24, 2018

On a Christmas Print Dress!

Finished up my Christmas dress just in time yesterday and am happily sharing it with you today!

Having been given a bunch of fabric recently that included this Christmas print, I decided to do a test run for Hollywood pattern 1881 before attempting it with the other fabric pictured below and for once the pattern actually fits pretty well.



This dress presented a nice opportunity to pull out my vintage shoes. 

I might still swap out the buckle, which I spent a good amount of time thinking about. For now I feel that it's a good match for the dress, though.



One interesting thing about this pattern was the collar. While the button and loop hiding under the tie part wasn't unexpected, this is the first time I've done a collar where the flaps are attached to the side of the dress and the tie attaches along the back to form the back edge of the collar so to speak. 







And for a festive touch, I lined the pockets (apologies for the blurry photo) with green for an extra festive touch!  


Overall, with this dress having turned out so well, I can't wait to make a few more in the coming year!

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!
♥️ ♥️ ♥️

2 comments:

  1. So festive! Love all the pops of red! Hope you had a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope you had a good Christmas and a happy start to the new year, too!

    ReplyDelete

Happy to hear what you think...