Saturday, December 1, 2018

On Clip on Earrings Turned Into a Sweater Clip and Other Swap Meet Things

While visiting the swap meet a few months ago in search of a green sweater for my rose bush costume, I came across these clip-on earrings, which while not exactly matching any thing on my lamp, I decided were too cheerful to pass up especially since they were only a dollar. It also gave me a really good excuse to attempt turning a set of clip-on earrings into a sweater clip, which I've been wanting to try for a while. Aside from struggling to get the chain open with a pair of needlenose pliers because I didn't have any gold jump rings (something I plan to remedy before doing this again), it was remarkably easy to loop the chain around the hole at the edge and comes with the benefit of getting to enjoy my clip-ons without my ears feeling like they're going to fall off. 


Other vintage findings included a handful a pins, a small blue bag, and these two lovely framed prints (now dubbed Lady Grace and Lady Prudence). 
♥️ ♥️ ♥️

2 comments:

  1. This is a genius idea!! I'll have to take a look through my grandma's earrings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I've been doing the same thing since finding out I could make it work. I even ended up buying a pair of rose clip on earrings at the antique store recently, but now I have to find a darker color chain for them.

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...