Thursday, October 29, 2020

On a Wednesday Look for Tuesday

Posted on a Thursday!

I've been wanting to make a spiderweb collar for a few years, but never seemed to be able to get around to it. This year knowing I wouldn't have time to finish either the spiderweb dress or spiderweb skirt that have also been on my "to sew" list for awhile before the month was over (not that I ever feel spiders should be limited to October), I went for the collar. 

I thought about a few ways of going about making this and ultimately, which is a little hard to see in the photo, decided on a white gauze base to give it a wrinkly look with a sheer layer for the top to give it a little sparkle. Then I machine stitched the web on top of both layers with metallic thread! To finish it off I opted for a snap and a round pearly button sewn on top.

Paired with a black shirt, a spider necklace, and a mirror in need of cleaning, this is my official Wednesday on a Tuesday posted on a Thursday look.

                 ♥ ♥ ♥

4 comments:

  1. Be still my heart, this is incredible. What a sweet, spooky, splendidly wonderful collar + take on Wednesday's iconic ensemble. You nailed it to a tee and I just know that both Wednesday and Morticia would swoon up a storm over your stunning collar, too.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear friend.♥ And knowing how much you love the Addams makes your comment even sweeter!

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...