Saturday, September 18, 2021

On Ten Years of Blogging!

Having sneaked up on me as stealthily as a Boojum, today marks the 10 year anniversary of this blog!

This blog has come a long way since it came into being, starting out with creative writing posts, moving into the area of sewing and vintage (I was insistent when I began, I was not going to venture there-clearly when one primarily follow vintage blogs and loves old things, one eventually ventures there) book reviews, and bits of non-sewing crafting. 

While I have not always been the most consistent in posting, in the past usually due to various time constraints due to coursework and more recently health issues, and I've considered giving it up a couple of times (primarily due to the former), I'm happy and proud to have been at it this long. I have made some very dear friends along the way, have a lovely log of how I've grown in my sewing skills, and, while it's waned over time, enjoyed being part of the vintage blogging community.

With my blog's name stemming from the poem "The Walrus and the Carpenter" my blogging journey started with a few posts addressing several of the topics the Walrus says it's time to talk about, specifically shoes, ships, and sealing-wax. With a decade of posts, I think it's about time to get around to writing on cabbages and kings this month. As to why the sea is boiling hot and whether pigs have wings, I shall leave to your own personal speculation for the time being. 

A drawing depicting the poem "The Walrus and the Carpenter" including Walrus, Carpenter, and Oysters on a beach

Thanks for reading and here's a glass of "treacle and ink and anything else that is pleasant to drink" raised to more posts to come!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 10 years!!!! I’ve enjoyed your blog so much. Love the illustration!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you've enjoyed it and thank you for having been one of my long time readers!!

      Delete
  2. Incredible job on a decade of blogging, my very dear friend. Happiest anniversary wishes!

    My heart is celebrating and dancing in joy for you. I am truly grateful that our respective sites (your ongoing, my former, respectively) led our paths to cross and that we've been in one another's lives for several years now as a result.

    I cherish your friendship and hope that we'll be wishing each other happy 50th blogiversary wishes one day.

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can honestly say that our friendship is by far one of the nicest things that has come out of all these years of blogging! ❤

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...