Wednesday, November 24, 2021

On Autumnal Decorating: A Photo Post

Last year I shared my wonky pumpkins, but never got around to sharing the other two decorations I made and now I have a few more new decorations to share before we move into the more Christmas-y decor makes (forewarning, you'll be seeing some shortly!)! 

I really like decorating the mantle and with Thanksgiving being my favorite holiday, last year I went all out making an applique and a garland of acorns to add to the pumpkins, leaves, and other little glass and stuffed animals which typically grace the space.

The garland of acorns was made last year on somewhat of a whim and involved cutting out the fabric at random without any definite pattern being used. Because of this I ended up trying two different methods of making them thus resulting in some that are flat and some that are round and puffy and, while the stems are looped on all of them, some I decided to put thread loops on, which allows them to hang at different levels from the baker's twine. When I pulled them out of my autumn box again this year, I was just as equally delighted by them as I was last year!

Moving on to the bigger decorations, last year I also created a pumpkin and leaf applique to hang from the center of the mantle. This past week, I made two smaller mirror image appliques to go along with it. I'm becoming rather fond of making these and am thinking about making a few more for other holidays.


And finally, all the stuffed animal making this year resulted in the desire to make patterns for and sew a few more poly-poplin fruits and veggies. Last month I learned I do a marvelous job making square apples (I felt a bit like Dumbo blowing the wrong shape bubbles when I stuffed it) and this past weekend I sewed an ear of corn (pun very much intended). 


Wishing a very happy Thanksgiving to my US readers!

♥ ♥ ♥

2 comments:

  1. You just know my autumn adoring heart is doing backflips of glee over your awesome seasonal decor.

    What sweet, timelessly pretty items. You are so lucky to have a real mantle to decorate. Lacking one, I use the main shelf on our TV entertainment unit in much the same vein. It is not quite the same, but still captures something of the classic spirit inherent to mantles and allows us to enjoy seasonal decor anytime we're in the living room.

    Big hugs & (not to rush fall's ending by any means) happiest one month until Christmas wishes, my dear friend.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought of all people, you'd probably be the reader to appreciate this post most. ;)

      There is something about a mantle, though I'm sure your shelf looks just as beautiful as any mantle ever could!

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...