Monday, February 14, 2022

On A Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, I did not exactly get off to a roaring start this year when it comes to posting. I haven't had much I wanted to post lately and didn't really feel like being online last month, but I'm hoping to remedy that within the coming weeks as I would like to finally get a long overdue outfit post up and I have a new tiny sewing project that is almost ready to share. 

Today, however, I just wanted to pop on here to wish everyone a happy Valentine's Day and share my latest garland. In December, I got it in my head to sew a bunch of small hearts using poly-poplin and stringing them up on baker's twine seemed to be the best way to display them. As I mentioned before, despite it being a pain to work with, I like the wonkiness that results from a fabric that doesn't really hold a crease. 

A string with fabric hearts dangling from it.

And to conclude, one of my favorite vintage valentines from my personal collection (for some others see this 2017 post). I love that it has a wheel you can turn to change what appears in the theater, though today I'm only treating you to the one view! 

A vintage valentine with a girl and a marionette  theatre.

A very happy Valentine's Day to you!

♥ ♥ ♥

4 comments:

  1. What a cute garland!! And that valentine is amazing!! I love little puppet theaters like that. I started to make one once but never finished it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was in a large bunch and instantly one of my favorites. The closest I've come to making one is when I make tunnel books, but it's been awfully tempting to have a go at making one.

      Delete
  2. Your garlands are always so delightfully sweet and marvelously charming. This beautiful heart-filled example is no exception. It really is the perfect, timeless Valentine's Day decor piece (that, objectively, could easily be left up all year through).

    I hope that your Valentine's Day was sweeter than all the chocolates and lovelier than all the roses that were exchanged the world over on Feb. 14th.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're so sweet to say so! I admit, it is awfully tempting to try to find someplace where it could be up year round, haha.

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...