Saturday, November 9, 2013

On Some Sewing Related Things

I had every intention of making today’s post an outfit one, but there is still one last thing I need to do (and that will hopefully done by this evening) before I can share my two latest sewing projects. Instead, though, I thought I would share this photo.

Frequently when going through the patterns I store in my train case, I will leave ones I am considering making soon or ones I want to look at the yardage for sticking up. While doing this recently, I was interrupted and left these particular patterns sticking up. When I came back into the room later, I glanced over at them and much to my amusement realized the way I had left them sticking up made it look as though the women on the coat pattern were giving an unimpressed look to the women who appear to be very chic on the dress pattern. Incredibly silly, I know, but this is what one writes when the intended sewing post didn’t come together.

Also, after several months on not having time to go to the fabric store, I was finally able to go today! And these are the prints I came home with:
 

I am SO excited (clap your hands and jump up and down excited, to be exact) about the book print! Like this print mentioned in April, it too is one of the reproduction mid-century modern prints from the Victoria and Albert Museum and I’ve been hoping I’d find it since learning it existed! Yay!!!   

6 comments:

  1. Too cute - and you're right, it really does look their sizing each other up! Love how you store your patterns. I have mine (because, even a non-sewer needs some vintage patterns :D) stored in a small woven (its made from seat belt straps) box in my craft room. It does the job and is nice enough looking, but I much prefer your storage method.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely, I think they should be a vintage staple whether one sews or not! It ocurred to me that a train case would be just the right size to store them in (as opposed to large shoe boxes-which some are still in) and it really is much easier to look through them (not to mention that it looks a lot prettier).

      Delete
  2. OMG!!! I adore the book print. Where on earth did you get it and what was it called?? Eeep, I'm excited for you as well! Can't wait to see what you make out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's by David Textiles and it's called Books. I bought it at a small fabric store and while I think David Textiles has stopped making it since it's an older print (hence, why I bought all of the small amount I found), I'm pretty sure I've seen it on etsy and a few other places online.

      As an interesting side note about it, it's based off of a 1954 furnishing fabric by Jacqueline Groag!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha! That is so funny with the pattern ladies giving dirty looks!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This kind of made me curious as to how many of my patterns I could do this with...:p

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...