Friday, March 7, 2014

On Some of My Recent Sewing Patterns

Being in a state of having started on my muslin fitting (1 st ever, which is making me anxious, but fitting was on my list of goals) for the Wearing History Overalls and feeling like I might be reaching a sewing slump (this happened about the same time last year, so maybe it’s seasonal?), I don’t have any projects to share at the moment, or at least not any that have been photographed.

Instead, I decided to share some of the patterns I've bought over the past few months.  For awhile, I’ve been trying to fill in some gaps and I feel like I’ve finally reached that point where I have a nice assortment of patterns for various wardrobe pieces that can be mixed and matched.

Boleros- One of my skirt patterns also had a pattern for one, but I have no idea how to go about resizing it and I really wanted one with buttons. I can see myself making all three variations.
McCall's 9319
Sundress- I debated on getting this off and on for three days, as my other two attempts at sundresses have gone badly and I’m not overly fond of Butterick. I'm glad I bought it though, and hopefully three times will be the charm in sundress making!
Butterick 9372
Skirt and Blouse- It was on sale and I couldn’t resist…Love the look of the one on the left and will probably stick with the envelop colors and the striped print for blouse when I make it.

Simplicity 3450
Jumper and playsuit- Another pattern envelop with colors that I’m going to be susceptible to in terms of the jumper.
Simplicity 4668
Sport’s shirt -I want to make a second pair of pedal pushers and would love to make this to go with them, but I have to resize it (another goal). I’m thinking a wide cinch belt would look nice with it.
Advance 5859
Beach outfit-Just in case the sports shirt doesn’t work out, there’s always the shirt with this darling beach set (my name for it, since that's what I think of), which I think would also look great with a cinch belt.
Simplicity 3223
And the piece de resistance! Last month I was super excited to find Simplicity’s hooded princess line dress!

I tend to limit myself to spending about $15 at most and if I do spend more I try to get ones that include multiple items, but this one was an exception to the rule and it was still under $20, which made me extremely happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to hear what you think...