Friday, July 4, 2014

On Blueberry Tarts for 4th of July!

“Bunny says we’re very American,…very blueberry pie." 
-Mrs. Blandings from Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House
On Monday I decide that some blueberry tart making was in order. I really love making pies and tarts, especially when I get to use berries since they're one of my favorite types of fruit.
After getting the dough finished, I mixed the blueberries through some flour, cinnamon, and sugar to form the filling.
Usually I like to roll out big sections of dough and then cut out shapes that roughly correspond with the shape of the tin, but I was having difficulties with the dough and rolled it out in small amounts instead. 
 
I love using my vintage tart tins and the star from my 40's garnish and hors d'oevres-cutter set! Each of the round tarts got three cranberries and the oblong ones got four, which along with the stars I thought made them look very patriotic.
Here's the first round on the cookie tray ready to go into the oven.
Finished and while not as pretty as they went in they sure were delicious!
 Happy 4th of July! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, I can all but smell the tart, sweet, juicy and gorgeously aromatic scent of these lovely little tarts wafting through the computer screen. What a delicious way to kick of July!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Happy to hear what you think...