Sunday, June 21, 2015

On My Picnic Skirt

Also known as the “I’m not sewing anything else for the rest of the year, two days after Christmas skirt” from 2012.


For some reason despite this being one of my most oft worn skirts during the summer months I realized a photo had never made it up on the blog. I'm considering this the first effort in to starting to get some other things up here as well.

This was the first circle skirt I made and it’s still my favorite. The print which you can't really see in the other photos is a gingham with slightly raised daisies on it. 


I love how many ways I can style it! This time I paired it with a vintage peasant blouse given to me by a neighbor ages ago, a simple wooden bead bracelet a relative brought me from Italy, and my vintage woven purse.
For my hair I decided to go with a couple rolls about midway (Which are actually staying in quite well today! Yay for cooperative hair!) and then because I spent 15 minutes looking for it this morning decided to add the matching bow as well. Usually I just wear my hair in a bun with this or with a white snood type bun holder, but I’m really liking this look. 
 Happy start of summer!

5 comments:

  1. What a cute skirt!!! I love the fabric!! And I'm envious of your straw purse ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it's quite possibly my favorite vintage purse and it conveniently looks like something you might take on a picnic.

      Delete
  2. Isn't it interesting when things like that happen? I often feel like the more we wear a garment in our daily lives, the less apt it is to wind up on our blogs. I have a couple of dresses that I've easily worn dozens of times each and they've yet to appear on mine.

    It's such a lovely skirt! I adore green and think that it's far too under represented in the vintage/repro fashion world. This skirt and bow are proof positive of how fabulous it can be!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, I think it's a matter of thinking since I wear the garment all the time, I can always get a picture the next time I wear it, which then turns into a continuous cycle of next times, haha.

      Now that you've mentioned it, we really don't see a lot of green at all. Despite only being able to wear a few shades, it certainly doesn't stop me from frequently being attracted to and buying green fabrics. And I certainly won't bat an eye when I end up with a closet full of various green hued skirts. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love this. Green is my favorite color and this print is so cute. So is your hair. Everything about this is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Happy to hear what you think...