Thursday, June 4, 2015

On Some Vintage Loveliness

I went to the antique store today and came home with these!



I was quite excited to find the purple-ish cow creamer, as in April I had ordered a purple cow salt and pepper shaker that never made it to me (long story short, my label went on someone else's package and vice versa, I returned what I got to the seller, the other person never did). While the set I wanted was less cute-sy looking, I do really like this one. 

As for the painting, this was one of those pick up and put down a few times before deciding I wanted it. What got my attention in the first place and the deciding factor was that it reminded me of Mary Blair's concept art. On the back someone wrote "Red, White, and Blue 1950," which makes me wonder if originally it might have belonged to a set with the other two being in red and white frames. The black matting on it looks gross, not to mention all the tape keeping the cardboard in place is peeling off like crazy, so I will be replacing that and trying to clean the frame up a bit before it goes on my bedroom wall. 

I'm not sure how old the bag is, but it's beautiful and has butterflies! There's a name and address for New Mexico written in the top, along with the a date of 1982 and also interestingly the inside back has the word "back" on it. Handmade, perhaps? Either way I love it!

Wishing everyone else happy antique and vintage finds this month!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear that the purple cow S&P shakers never arrived. Given that I'm the one through whose blog you discovered them, I can't help but feel bad there. If I ever find any like them in person, I'll send to you as a gift right away, dear Inky.

    Big hugs & happy Sunday wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to feel bad, it certainly isn't your fault that the seller had jet lag and confused the labels! I was just glad it was something I was buying on a whim and not something I needed for a project!

      Delete
  2. Ah, I love that purse!! I too adore butterflies, mainly because of the book *The Magic of Ordinary Days* {which I haven't read in a while and will have to pick it up again sometime soon.} Such a great haul!

    ReplyDelete

Happy to hear what you think...