Wednesday, May 31, 2017

"Alice's Adventures in Wonderland Carousel Book": A Book Review


Wrapping up my month of Alice with what I think might be my shortest ever book review!
Title: Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland Carousel Book
Publisher: Macmillian Children’s Books
Genre: Children’s fiction

About the book…
An artful 3-D adaption of Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.

What I think… 
This is one of the more visually interesting Alice books I have in my collection.

Divided into six sections when you open it and tie the covers back, it does a nice job of capturing the pretty much the whole story with just a few sentences per page. 

The artwork, based on John Tenniel’s original illustrations, is beautifully colored and looks great the way they layered it. I especially love how dreamlike the layering makes each section look, which is, of course, very much in keeping with the book!

Quality wise, the binding is quite sturdy, which made me very happy, since it's more fun to look at when it's completely opened rather than flipping through.

To sum it all up… 
A wonderful addition to any Alice fan’s collection!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha, when I first found out about it last year, I immediately requested it as a Christmas present!

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...