Saturday, April 18, 2020

On Finally Posting My Peter Pan Skirt

After waiting for a warmer day and not liking the original photos taken of this outfit, and then having to wait for yet another warmer day and not liking those photos either because I waited until it was later in the evening, I decided to just share a mix of the photos.

That being said, I actually don't have much to say about this project. This is the same pattern I used back in 2016 to make my butterfly and lily pad skirt and the one which has an exceptionally blotchy and faded instruction sheet. This time, having made it before and having my already completed skirt for reference, it went much more smoothly. 


As usual, the print on the pockets had to match up with the print on the skirt. Since I had a limited amount of the printed fabric left, I opted to go with a lovely and perfectly matching "pink lavender" for the waist and pocket facings, as well as for backing on the ties. 



Eventually I'd like to make a matching blouse in mint green or using some white on white star fabric I have in my stash and I do have a waiting to be altered shirt I found at the swap meet for a $1 that will match perfectly, but for now I'm finding that I like pairing it with a black shirt.    

And least I forget, there's this tiny detail!

 ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

3 comments:

  1. What an enchantingly sweet, whimsically beautiful fabric. Aww! It whisked me straight back to my childhood and the phase my little brother went through for a while when he was absolutely obsessed with watching Peter Pan (I don't remember if that was before or after his Mary Poppins phase, but there were definitely months devoted to watching both time after time).

    Your make the loveliest garments and really do find the best fabrics out there. Plus, how lovely a coincidence is it that this fabric compliments the colours of your blog to a tee?


    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it? I think the brush stroked look of the print suits the Peter Pan story perfectly, which is what makes it so appealing.

    Thank you as always, my friend, for your sweet compliments!

    ReplyDelete

Happy to hear what you think...