Monday, May 4, 2020

On It's Adventures in Wonderland Day!

Today marks the 168th birthday of Alice Liddell (1852-1934) and is the day that Alice's Adventures in Wonderland takes place!


I was planning to make tarts today, but the warmer weather we've been having is making me feel very sleepy and stupid (considerations of daisy-chains were made, no rabbit ran by) and left me with the inclination to watch the 1931 movie version of the story instead. 

This movie was the first sound version of the story to be put on film and, while not the greatest skipping large portions of the book, it has a few bright points in the theme song by Irving Berlin, some of the card court costuming, and I can now say that Leslie King is officially my favorite Hatter. He makes such marvelous faces and sings horribly! 



Happy Adventures in Wonderland Day!
♥️ ♥️ ♥️

2 comments:

  1. How positively delightful! Happiest Adventures in Wonderfland Day, my dear friend!

    Your mention of tarts + sizzling hot weather made me think of the scrumptious delight that is ice cream tarts. Perhaps they'd be a good comprise between the heat and celebrating all things Alice with a lovely tart or two this month.

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice cream tarts sound delightful! Oddly enough, aside from the first time I made tarts and used pudding for filling, my tarts have always been fruit based. Might just be time to try something new!

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...