Monday, August 3, 2020

On a Miniature Eeyore to Join Piglet

I had intended to have Winnie-the-Pooh be the next Hundred Acre Woods' character to go with Piglet, but, having been in a distressed state of mind for the past few weeks, trying to make a selection between three different shades of mustard felt was proving challenging. So, I went with the simplistic gray Eeyore.

Eeyore was faster to make than Piglet. Or would have been, had I not been so tired and started by accidentally sewing the forehead/nose piece along the back rather than under and around the nose. The larger pieces did make him easier, though.

Oddly enough, his tail was the biggest issue for me. The book's instructions were to use a button for the nail in his tail, but I really wanted to go with something that looked like a nail. I don't use a lot of metal in my sewing and the only vintage rivets I had were too puffy, so I ended up using a tiny scrapbooking brad! 

"Eeyore frisked about the forest, waving his tail so happily..." 

To get it in, I poked a hole in the felt with a darning needle and then scraped up my fingers trying to get the prongs flat through the multiple layers of felt, which was not exactly fun, but it's on there and not about to come off!


One must, of course, celebrate Eeyore's birthday with a red balloon!


And to conclude, a sneak preview of whooo's next...
  ♥ ♥ ♥

2 comments:

  1. He’s perfect! Sorry to hear you’re distressed. One day this will end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      It was mostly a bunch of things happening at once, but I'm doing a bit better.♥ Along with everyone else in the world, I just wish the end of this would be sooner than later!

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...