Saturday, March 26, 2016

On How I "Felt" Compelled...

...to make several pins out of felt this month (sorry, but not really, for the pun). Normally, I do the majority of my felt crafting in December for Christmas related things, but every once in awhile I decide that I want to step away from sewing on a larger scale and end up coming up with something or other that I deem felt worthy.  

This month I went in for animal pins. Earlier in the month I made two cats, one purple and one black. I wanted a more 50's bowling pin shape than the metal 60's pin I have and am pretty happy with them.

Last night, in light of Easter, spring, and my shockingly complete lack of jewelry with rabbits, I whipped up a quick bunny pin. I goofed on the legs a bit, but it actually turned out better because of my mistake.


Happy Spring and a happy Easter Eve!   

4 comments:

  1. So cute!! Felt is the one material I am comfortable crafting with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Massively adorable brooches! I'm kind of completely smitten with purple at the moment, so the violet hued kitty is my absolute fave (but I love them all big time!). Awesome work, sweet Inky.

    Have a wonderful (cat) tail end of March,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The purple was an after thought, so to speak, since it looked so pretty! :)

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...