Monday, May 28, 2018

On Using the "Lazy Suzy" Cooky Cutter

Today I finally got to use my Wear-Ever "Lazy Suzy" Cooky Cutter, which I mentioned in February, and try out the sugar cookie recipe that came with its box.


While I'm certainly not going to eschew using regular cookie cutters, I have to admit that I had a lot of fun using this one once I got the hang of making sure I was spacing the rows enough not to cut into the already cut out shapes. 





It was easy to use and I loved being able to just roll it out and end up with a handful of shapes without thinking about where the next one would fit best in order to avoid overworking the dough by rolling it out too many times. I also like the variation in the shapes. 

To finish them off I did some frosting (one batch was rolled out too thin, so I started with the burnt ones) and ended up with some very pretty cookies!



2 comments:

  1. I’ve never heard of one of these but it’s really neat!! Love the way you decorated them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came across one accidentally on Etsy, so it was entirely new to me too. Thanks!

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...